In my case, after chatting with our wonderful building manager, I was given a chance to take an apartment on the first floor (with a deck no less) while my former apartment on the second floor, where I had lived for six years, was renovated for a new resident. Now, I loved my apartment on the second floor and felt some ambivalence, but once I saw these, I never looked back:
Oh yes, a real live tree canopy right outside the deck. It reminded me of a tree house at first, but I also realized how lovely the shade from two big trees would be (shade was paramount at the time because I moved into the new apartment over the 4th of July weekend, the first days of our hottest weather), plus they provide excellent shelter for the various urban animal friends that I enjoy so much to come and visit:
As the year deepened into autumn and winter, I felt some sadness at losing my perfect tree house canopy, but have also found interest and beauty in all the tree changes:
Like I said, those changes are beautiful in their own right, but still, fickle girl that I am, this is really what I'm glad to see right now:
Those pictures mean spring is here, summer's not far behind, and maximal time can be spent in the outside tree house with my two favorite deck pals:










I'm really glad we live outside of town so have a big yard and lots of trees. There is nothing more relaxing or peaceful to me than sitting on the deck and reading while watching the birds at the bird feeders.
ReplyDeleteI think you made the right choice swapping apartments ;) I simply love your two 'deck pals', too !
ReplyDelete