The best regular trucks are those that pack some kind of punch:
This particular truck/trailer/lifting machine (cherry picker??) was great because it was a rainy day and allowed me a nice chunk of time to take a break and watch the fun as it was parked on a narrow busy street and then said cherry picker was taken across the street to do its job.
Some trucks are good for a cursory glance and thought about what they might be delivering and then right back to work:
Other trucks rate a slightly longer than cursory glance and thought of "hmmm, pizza, yum, maybe I should order that for dinner"?
However, these are the trucks that sent me into flights of fantasy last summer:
Notice how the sun gleams and creates a lovely halo over the top of the most heavenly trucks of all. I mean, seriously, doesn't this send your mind into flights of fantasy? Yes? No? OK, I guess it's just me, but here are some of my flights of fantasy from last summer that I posted on Twitter (it was really hot and I might have been influenced by that ((or maybe it's really just me)):
OMG, a Haagen-Dazs truck is parked right outside my deck, what a dream!
Maybe if I hook up a fishing pole, I could cast for ice cream bars.
Nice thing about Haagen Daz ice cream trucks is that they don't play oddly irritating circus-like songs.
If I had the proper pole, I could vault over the deck railing straight to the top of the truck and leap on the unsuspecting driver and steal the goods.
Oh rats, there the ice cream truck goes. Farewell, sweet ice cream, I'll savor the memories.
So, there you go, that's what happens when trucks and medical transcription cross paths underneath my nose and active mind. I admit not exactly Lewis Carroll or other far superior fantasies than mine, but still entertaining enough for a quick escape.






OH YUMMY!! I wish a Haagen Daz truck would come to my street, but I am stuck out here in the suburbs, so all I get are the annoying trucks playing the circus music with crappy ice cream!!
ReplyDelete~Michele
By Your Side